Thursday, November 6, 2014

Educational Philosophies Assessment

In this week in edu 100 we learned about educational philosophies assessment, a way of teaching. we did an educational philosophies assessment which my score was:

Perennials =10 points
Essentialism=10 points
Progressivism=21 points
Reconstructionist/critical theory=19 points
Information processing=17points
Behaviorism=19 points
Cognitive/constructivism=19 points
Humanism=23 points


My two highest points were on progressivism with 21 points and on humanism with 23 points, I think this how I would i teach my classes because i really do emphasizes on progress as well as the used of humanism because as its explains on the book on education "humanism advocates respect and kindness toward all people" (Pg.122), Im a person who believe in respect for example everyone should treat everyone how they want to be respected (i always have that on my mind), even though sometimes people treat you arrogantly you treat the with respect show them manners. As a teacher and my self u would encourage respect where that falls in the category of humanism. I also like progressivism because while having students progressing that shows that they are learning no matter they way you are teaching if a student progress it's seem then you are doing things right. i really do like my score because thats i would choose to teach my pupils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment